BendPak 1302BA-202 1302 Digital Automatic Pipe Bender w/202 Die Package
Fully-Automatic Digital Pipe Bender
The BendPak 1302BA series of pipe benders features an ergonomically placed and highly sophisticated keypad display that can record bending patterns for accurate and repetitive use. For extremely busy shops, an automatic pipe bender will save time and make it easy to duplicate results.
Quick-change bending dies
Who has time to waste? Not you. Especially when you have a car in the air and others lined up. Our competitors tried for years to come up with an effective way to swiftly switch out the bending dies. But BendPak actually did it. Our twist-lock tooling and quick-change bending dies are so effective that they are copied across the entire industry. We choose to think of imitation as the best form of flattery, but you should make sure that you get your innovative equipment from the originator and not a knock-off.
180° bending capacity
You told us you needed a bender with an extremely deep bending capability. Is a U-shape deep enough? Thought so. Be sure to ask for our 180° dies if you're planning to bend more than 170°. You'll get perfect deep bends on a 5" radius, without pipe sticking or hang ups. That's because we use an exclusive relief cut design on our bending dies to help maintain the pipe's uniformity throughout the bend cycle and eliminate excessive crimping or deformation.
3" bending capacity
We built a convenient 3" bending capacity into every BendPak bender. In fact, our 3" bending dies perfectly exemplify our commitment to quality. Take a close look at the design. They might look like ordinary bending dies, but these heavy handfuls are anything but. No other manufacturer uses our exclusive step-cut process for the die rails. Our dies feature better-contained large-sized tubing and a more uniform bend. Despite the title of “bender," this unit is actually capable of expanding and flaring too! With a full range of dies to choose from, your big tubing jobs just got a whole lot smaller.
Long-stroke bending cylinder
Because every BendPak bender is equipped with an extended-top cylinder, you no longer need to use pusher block extensions when bending with small-radius dies. Also, the 14" top-cylinder can be retracted further, providing additional clearance for changing dies or removing bent tubing.
Hard-core users will appreciate the convenience of our digital control that gives you digital die angle readings right up front. An advanced programmable mini-computer is safely enclosed within the front upright of the bender to allow you to effortlessly fabricate virtually every original equipment exhaust system. The program data control board manages all bending functions, automatic or manual, and stores up to 99 different bend depths.
All BendPak benders are equipped with our exclusive clampless swager which puts out an incredible force of over 30,000 lbs. for quick and precise end forming. The clampless swager provides rapid set-up time and a high degree of accuracy for I.D. expansions, O.D. expansions, slip-fits, flares, ball-joints, reductions and manifold flanges. All tooling is quick release. Take a close look at the clamp assembly. You won't see a cumbersome, antiquated vise in our clamp assembly. What you will find is American ingenuity at its finest—the narrow hinged collars simply drop into position and allow for flare tubing ends as close as 3" from a bend. Don't worry about troublesome slippage either. The more pressure you put on the clamps, the tighter they grip.
Internal segment expander
Our internal segment expander is just as unique as our clampless swager and can be used for I.D. expansions, O.D. expansions, slip-fits, flares, ball-joints and manifold flanges. The buttress canister has a single position setting for all I.D. expansions, but can also be adjusted for special sizing requirements. A single arbor is used for all tubing sizes 1-1/2" - 3". Combined, the clampless swager and internal expander let you easily perform all end-finishing operations with unparalleled ease: reducing, internal swaging, flares, flat flares, ball-joints, male ball-joints, female sockets, double-donut flares and more. The 1302 models are equipped with a double-ended cylinder for both the clampless swager and segment expander. A single control handle operates the cylinder and is placed towards the middle, so you can stand comfortably in one location and operate both sides.
Electric foot switch
An independent remote foot switch allows you to perform manual bending operations while standing in front of the bending head or up to 4' away. Having the convenience of remote operation is an added plus, especially when handling larger tubing. Switches are industrial-grade quality and covered for your protection.
The BendPak 1302BA-202 is a powerful digital exhaust pipe bender designed to expedite any bending process and bring an extra level of precision to your workshop. Convenient space-saving, side-loading swager lets you load longer pipe, even when your back is against the wall. Includes the standard 202 die package and a dual-function, end-finishing unit for precision OE expansions and flares.
If you find yourself bending a lot of pipe in your shop, then you need an automatic bender with a digital control panel and digital die angle readings right up front. Consider the digital BendPak 1302BA-202 exhaust pipe bender. We equipped this already top-notch model with an advanced mini-computer and ergonomic control board. The data control board manages all your bending functions—both automatic and manual—and stores up to 99 different bend depths. For an added bit of sophistication, we've also included a remote electric foot switch, so you can control basic bending operations even if you're handling larger tubing 4' away.
- 2 separate end-finishing units at rear for all necessary flaring and expanding
- Knee control and depth-of-bend degree plate for manual bending operations
- Comes complete with quick release bending and finishing dies
- Includes high-speed clampless swager and internal expander
- Easy-to-use drop-in collar makes swaging operations quick and efficient
- Twist-lock tooling
- Integrated power-relief control valve
- Pass-through cylinder stem passes completely through the primary frame
- Rigid 6" x 6" x 3/8" welded-steel tube frame
- Commercial-grade hydraulic cylinders
- All cylinders feature chrome-molly shafts, conforming to ANSI 92.2 standards
- Quick-release bending dies for reduced set-up times
- Bending heads precision grounded to within .002"
- Enclosed controls keep your bending area clutter-free
- 2.5" oversized barrel shafts for maximum dependability and minimum maintenance
- Standard grease fittings allow for simple lubrication
- NEMA-rated on / off switch box incorporates overload relays that automatically disrupt power supply should an unforeseen over-current situation occur
- Pressure gauges let you know exactly what the system pressures are at all times
- Industrial grade casters help you easily move the bender around your shop
- Adjustable pressure valve located right up front
- One-piece barrel ensures that the bending gates stay perfectly aligned with the ram
- Heat-treated tooling for greater service life
- Convenient tool trays keep your tooling organized
- Strong, 5 HP Baldor energy efficient motor delivers maximum performance
- Direct-drive, high-speed, 4 gpm pump
- Single enclosed bottom cylinder applies pressure evenly to the back gates and, because it is hidden, does not interfere with the tubing
- Large capacity fluid reservoir keeps the hydraulic oil running cooler and prevents contamination
- Canister oil filter in the hydraulic system keeps the oil nice and clean
- Oil sight-gauges allow you to visually inspect oil levels
- Over-sized 1/2" high-pressure hose provides better speed and cooling
- Open-sided swager box allows for easier access and reduces the chance of "crashing" tools and damaging the cylinder
- 180° bending die available
Automatic Pipe Bender Specifications Overview
- Bending Controls:Automatic / Digital
- Expander Controls:Manual / Knee Lever
- Frame Style:Double-Ended Expander
- Max. Tube Capacity:3" (76 mm) .095 wallBending
- Max. Bending Radius:5" (127 mm)
- Min. Bending Radius:3.3" (89 mm)Hydraulics
- Top Cylinder Force:60,000 lbs. (27,216 kg)
- Hydraulic Filter:Canister
- Motor:5 HP / 208-230 VAC / 60 Hz / 1 PHDie Pack
- Standard:1.5", 1.75", 2", 2.25", 2.5" (202)Dimensions
- Width:41" (1,041 mm)
- Depth:64" (1,626 mm)
- Height:26" (660 mm)Shipping
- Dimensions:48" x 70" x 30" (1,219 mm x 1,778 mm x 762 mm)