Bendpak MDS-6LP 6,000-lb. Capacity / Mid-Rise Scissor Lift / Open Center The open-center
Bendpak 6,000-lb. Capacity / Mid-Rise Scissor Lift / Open Center
The open-center design of the MDS-6LP makes it a clear leader in convenience and work productivity. Designed for home garages, full-service shops and quick-lube pits, and basically anyone who works on cars. This rugged mid-rise lift is also perfect for shops with low ceilings.
The MDS-6 Series Revolution
This open-center mid-rise lift is a mechanical marvel. Decades of experience have taught us a thing or two about designing equipment to safely connect to virtually any vehicle's OEM lift points. A car lift with longer platforms means you get to lift more vehicle types than ever. Some well-meaning shops risk the personal safety and well-being of the vehicles they work on because their lifts don’t full reach those OEM jack points. BendPak's redesigned MDS-6LP corrects that problem once and for all with longer platforms. Its extended lift point spread means vehicles with long wheelbases can be safely raised in seconds flat.
Add or remove ramps at your leisure
Converting your low-rise lift to a flush-mount design is now easier than ever. Our design lets the ramps attach directly to the platform. This makes it easy to work on elevated vehicles, especially in the wheel well area. The approach ramps have slotted receivers and simply drop into place. They are easily removed by pulling upward for rapid disconnect from the frames.
Stronger lift from a collapsed position
The MDS-6LP mid-rise lift has a pivoting “kicker” mechanism that helps lift low ground-clearance vehicles. Unfortunately, some scissor have poor mechanical advantage when fully lowered. They have no lifting force until the frames rise a few inches. Our kicker is like having booster rockets for the first six inches of upward movement.
Four hydraulic cylinders
Your low-rise lift is no wimp. Four super-powerful hydraulic cylinders with a proprietary flow divider ensure the separate platforms remain level and efficient at all times. It takes mere seconds to get to the max rise. This lift also features the best electric-hydraulic technology the industry has to offer.
Solid-steel safety lock bars
As the platforms rise, locks automatically engage at several heights. This safety feature ensures two things: more versatile positions to work from and increased safety as the platforms rise. For your safety, hydraulics are not engaged when the safety arms rest on the mechanical locks. Once the lift moves, hydraulic pressure resumes.
Convenient stainless-steel pneumatic cylinders
Air cylinders replace spring releases on the MDS-6LP mid-rise lift. They make sure the locks release at the same time as the lift descends. Each cylinder need to be pressurized with a 50 PSI, 10-CFM air source at the time of installation. Any air compressor or hand pump will do the trick.
A push-button safety lock release system
Releasing the mechanical lock system is as easy as pressing a button. The locks deactivate instantly and the lift lowers completely in seconds flat. You’ve never seen a more convenient or easy-to-use lock release system.
Hinge-point features Zerk grease fittings
Zerk grease fittings are self-lubricating and long-lasting. They require minimal maintenance to ensure your car lift lasts for years without trouble. Spend your days working without the squeal of metal-on-metal. The MDS-6LP mid-rise lift practically maintains itself with these rugged fittings doing the work for you.
Durable, cushioned rubber contact blocks
BendPak rubber blocks are tough, hard and super-durable. Other companies offer little pads and small blocks that shred after heavy use. Not ours. They’ll last for years without issues. If you ever need replacements or want to order an extra set, give us a call! We’ll help get them shipped right to your door.
Three locking positions
The MDS-6LP and MDS-6LPF reach a comfortable 44.5” of rise with the lift blocks in place. More lock positions in a mid-rise lift makes it easier to manage your work. If you just need to get the wheels a few inches off the ground, use one of the lower settings. If you want to scoot under more comfortably, raise the lift to the top lock position. With BendPak, the choice is yours!
Detailed installation and maintenance instructions
Safety decals, the owner’s manual, lift point spread information and a safety placard for training purposes are all included for your convenience. Learn everything you can about your car lift, and teach others everything you know. They’ll be sure to pay it forward, maintain best safety practices and help keep your mid-rise lift working for years to come.
If you’re looking to flush-mount your lift in the floor for a smooth sub-surface installation, be sure to choose the MDS‐6LPF flush-mount mid-rise lift. It features all the same features of the MDS-6LP but is more ideal if you want your lift to collapse perfectly parallel with your flooring.
NOTE: The lift platform and contact blocks allow lifting of most unibody and frame contact undercarriages at recommended manufacturer pick‐up points on most vehicles. Be sure to compare your vehicle specifications, including ground clearance and overall height, with the specifications shown before you purchase.
- Each lift platform features four solid steel-scissor frame support bars, making it one of the strongest mid-rise lifts in its class
- Dual master hydraulic cylinder combines with dual equalizing cylinders to provide a safe and level 6,000 pound lifting capacity
- Solid‐steel safety lock bars engage automatically during ascent
- Convenient stainless‐steel pneumatic cylinders simultaneously release safety locks during descent with a simple push of a button. (NOTE: Requires min. 50 psi, 10 CFM air source at time of installation.)
- A push‐button safety lock release system is operated away from the lift and allows operators to safely deactivate the locks without the need to push or pull cumbersome release bars or lock release handles
- Hinge point features Zerk grease fitting to allow lubrication at critical wear areas
- Comes standard with four durable cushioned‐rubber contact blocks, permitting fast vehicle setup
- Three locking positions allow technicians to work at different working heights to increase productivity and minimize fatigue
- Powder coat finish provides a long lasting durable finish
Lifting capacity:6,000 lbs. (2,722 kg)
Lifting height:43" (1,093 mm)
Lifting height + blocks:45" (1,144 mm)
Lift platform dimensions:19" x 67" (484 mm x 1,701 mm)
Width between platforms:40" to 46" (1,018 mm to 1,168 mm)
Overall length:92.6" (2,351 mm)
Lowered height:4.6 (116 mm)
Lifting time:35 seconds
Motor:110–220 VAC / 60 Hz / 1 Ph
Features and Specs
The MDS-6K features wide lifting platforms combined with durable cushioned‐rubber contact blocks. Simply drive the vehicle over the lowered scissor ramps and position the soft and durable rubber blocks under the vehicle lifting points for fast and easy vehicle positioning and set‐up. The user‐friendly power console features simple operator controls like up, down, and safety lock buttons. A small footprint, easy installation and adaptable 110V/240V power unit makes the MDS‐6K the perfect lift that fits any shop or home garage.
• Solid‐steel safety lock bars engage automatically during ascent.
• Convenient stainless‐steel pneumatic cylinders simultaneously release safety locks during descent with a simple push of a button. (NOTE: Requires min. 50 PSI, 10‐CFM air source at time of installation.)
• A push‐button safety lock release system is operated away from the lift and allows operators to safely deactivate the locks without the need to push or pull cumbersome release bars or lock release handles.
• Hinge point features Zerk grease fitting to allow lubrication at critical wear areas.
• Drive‐over ramps fold down during ascent and feature non‐marring wheels to protect garage floors.
• Comes standard with four durable cushioned‐rubber contact blocks providing fast vehicle set‐up.
• Non‐skid approach ramps help to prevent slipping during approach and vehicle positioning.
• Three locking positions allow technicians to work at different working heights to increase productivity and minimize fatigue.
• Powder coat finish provides a long lasting durable finish.
• Included with every lift are detailed installation and maintenance instructions, graphic safety decals, maintenance decals, vehicle lifting point guide and a safety instruction placard to train personnel on proper safety procedures and maintenance guidelines
- Lifting height less lift blocks: 44" / 1,119 mm
- Lifting height with lift blocks: 45.5" / 1158 mm
- Lifting time: 35 sec
- Lower Lock Position: 18.7" (-4.25" for sub-floor install)
- Middle Lock Position: 29.7" (-4.25" for sub-floor install)
- Upper Lock Position: 40" (-4.25" for sub-floor install)
- Motor: 110 - 240 VAC / 50 - 60 Hz / 1 Ph*
- Overall Width: 18.5" / 470 mm
- Overall Length: 79.5"